Monday, March 30, 2009

Writing for Children

I have not posted in a while so I thought I would give you a quick update as to why. I have been writing some stories on The Law of God for a Children's Bible Curriculum. I just started 2 weeks ago and they are due in a week! I have never written children's literature so it has been challenging and fun at the same time. I have been learning a lot about why God gave us His Law and our inability to follow it.

I'm working on teaching the children what the Law is and how it reveals the character of God and the character He wants us to exemplify.

The second topic is what the Law does, how it reveals to us our depravity and need for a Savior.

What the Law cannot do, how the Law cannot save us from sin.

Finally, the Cure for the Law, how faith in Christ is what saves us, not our good works.One verse that has stuck with me is Galatians 3:13 “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us . . .”

Christ has redeemed us once for all. I have been learning much about the Law of God and one I hope the children will understand this doctrine when I'm finished. If you think of me would you pray that the Lord would give me wisdom as I study and write? I will appreciate it much!

4 comments:

Paul & Amy said...

Sounds very interesting! I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Martin LaBar said...

That could be heavy going, but it sounds like important work.

God help you.

Ginger said...

I'll be praying. It's interesting to try to tell Bible stories in very simple words that make sense to young children. I've gained a new appreciation for that in my work this year in the 2-yr-old class (2s and new 3s) at the preschool. What age group are you writing for?

Keri said...

Thanks for all the encouragementand prayers, I need it! I made some good progress last night so I've only got one story to go.

Ginger- I'm writing for elementary aged children. I'm going to have my 9 year old nephew give me some feed back in a couple days to make sure they work.